Prior to the partnership with TOMRA of North America, UltrePET began as wTe Recycling Corp. after it acquired Star Plastics in 1990.
We are a member of APR, NAPCOR, and ISRI.
Prior to the partnership with TOMRA of North America, UltrePET began as Star Plastics, which was acquired and operated by wTe Corporation.
- 1990 - wTe acquires Star Plastics
- 1998 - wTe Plastics is first PET recycler to obtain ISO 9000 certification
- 1999 - wTe partners with TOMRA of North America to form UlrePET, LLC
- 2001 - UltrePET acquires DAC Industries
- 2005 - UltrePET strikes comprehensive licensing agreement with Wellman
- 2006 - UltrePET acquires Novapet (Canada)
- 2007 - UltrePET is featured in History Channel documentary “Boneyard: Garbage”.
- 2007 - UltrePET obtains additional FDA Non-Objection Letter (prior approval was obtained via licensing with Wellman in 2005)
- 2009 - UltrePET installs state-of-the art extrusion system, significantly increasing production capacity for PET resins
- 2010 - UltrePET receives Letter of Non-Objection from Canada
- 2013 - UltrePET significantly expands cleaning capacity in Albany plant
- 2016 - UltrePET installs Solid State Polymerization System to produce a superior FDA resin competitive with virgin PET pricing
UltrePET, LLC 136C Fuller Road Albany, NY 12205 518-459-1080